The Building of the Southwest has asbestos removed a couple weeks ago, but before it was finished the Midland City Council authorized a request for proposals to actually demolish the building. The structure was built on the corner of Big Spring and Texas Avenue. MDC bought it and then had asbestos abatement completed on it. The plan was to either renovate it or demolish it. The question though was, should they put a new roof on it or just demolish it once the asbestos was gone?
Who Owns The Building of the Southwest?
MDC bought the land under the 85,000 square foot building, but ownership of the property was to only be turned over once the roof was replaced or the building demolished. The roof alone was price at $592,000, and other costs would also go into it. The city had been leaning towards paying for the demolition of the building.
Are You Buying a Home in Midland?
The Underwood Group is a team of top real estate professionals in Midland. Call our team of Midland real estate agents at 432-698-0411 today.
If you’re looking for a new home, search by school district or search Midland real estate listings by price:
- Midland homes for sale between $150,000 and $200,000
- Midland homes for sale between $200,000 and $225,000
- Midland homes for sale between $225,000 and $300,000
- Midland homes for sale between $300,000 and $400,000
- Midland homes for sale between $400,000 and $500,000
- Midland homes for sale between $500,000 and $750,000
- Midland homes for sale between $750,000 and $1 million
- Midland homes for sale over $1 million
Hoping To Sell A Home In Midland?
Midland 1st Choice Real Estate offers a Free Market Analysis to clients. This free analysis provides our clients with the best comparative value by looking at similarly featured home recently listed and sold.
Don’t forget to find us on Facebook for community updates and the latest listings.