When you’re searching homes for sale in Midland, Texas, you’ll see plenty of listings that say “move-in ready.”
But what does that phrase mean, and should you make it a point to look at those homes?
Here’s what you need to know.
What is a “Move-In Ready” Home?
The phrase move-in ready means the home should be in good enough condition for you to move right in as soon as you get the keys. It means the seller and the REALTOR(R) don’t anticipate any issues popping up that could prevent you from moving right in.
The same is true when you see the phrase turnkey home. It means you can turn the key in the front door and start carrying in your belongings.
Naturally, you’ll still want to hire a home inspector and do a final walk-through on closing day to make sure the home really is move-in ready.
What Move-In Ready Does NOT Mean
Move-in ready doesn’t mean updated or new – but a lot of people make the mistake of thinking it does. The truth is that the phrase can refer to any home, from one that’s very outdated to one that the construction crew has just driven away from.
Move-In Ready Features
A home that’s truly move-in ready won’t have issues with its:
- Electrical systems. All the electrical work in the home should be up-to-date and up to code.
- Plumbing. The plumbing system should be functional and in good condition.
- Roof, windows and siding. The home’s exterior should be in good shape, and the roof should have plenty of years left on its service life.
- Heating and cooling. The HVAC system, water heater and furnace should all be working and in good condition – and they should be expected to last a while.
- Kitchen. The appliances are supposed to work, and so are the faucets, lighting and outlets.
- Flooring. The carpets should be clean and hardwoods shouldn’t be buckled or warped.
Are You Buying or Selling a Home in Midland, Texas?
Use our site to search homes for sale in Midland and all of our surrounding areas. Unlike the “big name” sites out there, our site is directly connected to our local MLS and is updated faster. By creating a property manager account you can stay on top of the newest homes for sale and get price change alerts so you can stay ahead of other buyers and beat them to the best deals!
In the meantime, check out these 1-click searches: