If you’re about to become a new homebuyer, you might have been checking rates out online. Have you noticed that the APR and the interest rates on a mortgage aren’t the same percentages? What gives and which should you use?
APR, or annual percentage rate, is a significantly broader, more accurate figure for you to use to determine how much house you can afford. The reason for this is because the APR actually includes the interest rate, but adds other factors in. Other factors added to the APR include the following:
- Broker fees
- Discount points
- Private mortgage insurance (PMI)
- Some closing costs.
Therefore, you should use the APR if you want a more real-world figure that will show your true borrowing costs.
The interest rate percentage is simply what indicates how much money the homebuyer will pay to the lender simply for borrowing money over a period of time. It does not figure in other charges or fees.
Are You Buying a Home in Midland?
The Underwood Group is a team of top real estate professionals in Midland. We know Midland real estate, so if you’re thinking about buying with this kind of market, you’ll absolutely need our expertise. Call our team of Midland real estate agents at 432-698-0411 today.
If you’re looking for a new home, search by school district or search Midland real estate listings by price:
- Midland homes for sale between $150,000 and $200,000
- Midland homes for sale between $200,000 and $225,000
- Midland homes for sale between $225,000 and $300,000
- Midland homes for sale between $300,000 and $400,000
- Midland homes for sale between $400,000 and $500,000
- Midland homes for sale between $500,000 and $750,000
- Midland homes for sale between $750,000 and $1 million
- Midland homes for sale over $1 million
Hoping To Sell A Home In Midland?
It won’t be hard to sell your Midland home, but when you choose to list your house with us, our experience can help ensure that you get the highest return on your investment! Plus, Midland 1st Choice Real Estate offers a Free Market Analysis to clients. This free analysis provides our clients with the best comparative value by looking at similarly featured home recently listed and sold.
Don’t forget to find us on Facebook for community updates and the latest listings.