Preparing your home to be seen by potential buyers is a huge task. It’s such a huge task, that people sometimes overlook things. So, take a look at this check list of things to do before showing your house. These are the things people sometimes don’t think about:
- Clean your gutters, because some buyers will even check out your gutters and then deduct the level of maintenance on your home that you probably did while living there based on no other factors.
- Clean all ceiling fans.
- Clean your window screens! We don’t notice this on our own homes, but they get really dirty. Home buyers will notice if yours are.
- Clean your home’s siding.
- Buy a new welcome mat!
- Wash your baseboards!
- Repaint the front door.
- Check inside doors. Do they need to be wiped down or even painted?
- Clean under all of your sinks, because people will absolutely look under there.
- Update any aesthetically outdated lighting fixtures.
- Neatly organize your closet spaces, and throw out anything that isn’t important.
- Clean the reservoirs of your toilets.
- Have the carpet replaced or -at the very least- professionally cleaned.
- Caulk and grout sinks and tubs as needed.
- Scrub every last inch of all bathrooms.
- Get new linens for your bedroom.
Let us know if you want a more extensive list of things to do when you’re trying to sell your home.
Are You Buying a Home in Midland?
The Underwood Group is a team of top real estate professionals in Midland. We know Midland real estate, so if you’re thinking about buying with this kind of market, you’ll absolutely need our expertise. Call our team of Midland real estate agents at 432-698-0411 today.
If you’re looking for a new home, search by school district or search Midland real estate listings by price:
- Midland homes for sale between $150,000 and $200,000
- Midland homes for sale between $200,000 and $225,000
- Midland homes for sale between $225,000 and $300,000
- Midland homes for sale between $300,000 and $400,000
- Midland homes for sale between $400,000 and $500,000
- Midland homes for sale between $500,000 and $750,000
- Midland homes for sale between $750,000 and $1 million
- Midland homes for sale over $1 million
Hoping To Sell A Home In Midland?
It won’t be hard to sell your Midland home, but when you choose to list your house with us, our experience can help ensure that you get the highest return on your investment! Plus, Midland 1st Choice Real Estate offers a Free Market Analysis to clients. This free analysis provides our clients with the best comparative value by looking at similarly featured home recently listed and sold.
Don’t forget to find us on Facebook for community updates and the latest listings.