If you’re selling your home in Midland, you will want to prepare in advance for your appraisal after you accept an offer. Did you know that your home’s appearance and condition can change the appraisal value too? Some people think that their zestimate will be the appraisal value, but there’s a lot more that goes into an actual appraisal than the age of a roof, the number of bathrooms, the number of bedrooms and your square footage.
Take a good hard look around your home. What needs fixing? Fix absolutely everything that you can afford to fix. Here is a checklist of things that are usually affordable fixes for most sellers:
- Remove stains from carpet, rent a carpet cleaner or hire a professional
- Fix torn screens by replacing with new screening
- Repair any loose woodwork
- Repair loose wallpaper
- Fix any chipped paint
- Check your HVAC and make repairs if needed
- Check all appliances
- Repair any leaks anywhere in the house or on the roof
- Deep clean your home
- Clean up the yard
- Clean out drains and gutters
- Tidy up the garage
When the appraiser is there, be sure to let them know any inside scoop that might help you. They will be looking at comparable houses in the area. If your neighbor just lowered their selling price because they want to sell fast due to a divorce or death, let the appraiser know. If a home sells for cheap near you, it can make it seem like your home is less valuable too.
Are You Buying a Home in Midland?
The Underwood Group is a team of top real estate professionals in Midland. We know Midland real estate, so if you’re thinking about buying with this kind of market, you’ll absolutely need our expertise. Call our team of Midland real estate agents at 432-698-0411 today.
If you’re looking for a new home, search by school district or search Midland real estate listings by price:
- Midland homes for sale between $150,000 and $200,000
- Midland homes for sale between $200,000 and $225,000
- Midland homes for sale between $225,000 and $300,000
- Midland homes for sale between $300,000 and $400,000
- Midland homes for sale between $400,000 and $500,000
- Midland homes for sale between $500,000 and $750,000
- Midland homes for sale between $750,000 and $1 million
- Midland homes for sale over $1 million
Hoping To Sell A Home In Midland?
It won’t be hard to sell your Midland home, but when you choose to list your house with us, our experience can help ensure that you get the highest return on your investment! Plus, Midland 1st Choice Real Estate offers a Free Market Analysis to clients. This free analysis provides our clients with the best comparative value by looking at similarly featured home recently listed and sold.
Don’t forget to find us on Facebook for community updates and the latest listings.