If you’re thinking about putting your home on the market, you’ve probably done a little research on the competition already (and if you haven’t, feel free to click the links at the bottom of this post to see what other homes are for sale in your area).
You may have even seen a few expired listings – but what are they, and why aren’t they for sale anymore?
What Are Expired Listings?
Expired real estate listings are those that didn’t sell during the time they were on the market. These aren’t the same as withdrawn listings, which homeowners choose to pull off the market; expired listings are homes that nobody could find a buyer for in the time specified in the real estate listing contract.
Why Do Some Listings Expire?
There’s a buyer for nearly every home, but sometimes it takes longer to find the right match than it usually does. However, in many cases, it’s not a matter of finding the right buyer – it’s making sure the house is right for buyers.
Overpricing is one of the most common reasons real estate listings expire. When your Midland Realtor® suggests a price range for your home, it’s a good idea to listen. Your agent knows what’s selling in your neighborhood (and what’s not), and he wants your home to sell just as much as you do.
It sounds a little harsh, but trying to turn sentimental value into dollar value is often the kiss of death for a real estate listing.
Choosing the Wrong Realtor
You need a real estate agent who will aggressively market your home, but if you’ve chosen one who doesn’t, your house might not be appearing in front of qualified buyers.
You need an agent who:
- Understands that 95% of buyers begin their home searches online
- Knows that phenomenal photography can help sell your home
- Is willing to aggressively market your home where buyers are – not just in “traditional” places
Are You Selling a Home in Midland?
If you’re selling your home in Midland or a nearby community, we’d love the opportunity to show you how we’re different – and how we can sell it quickly, at the right price.
Call our team of Midland real estate agents at 432-698-0411 today.
If you’re also looking for a new home, search by school district or search Midland real estate listings by price:
- Midland homes for sale between $150,000 and $200,000
- Midland homes for sale between $200,000 and $225,000
- Midland homes for sale between $225,000 and $300,000
- Midland homes for sale between $300,000 and $400,000
- Midland homes for sale between $400,000 and $500,000
- Midland homes for sale between $500,000 and $750,000
- Midland homes for sale between $750,000 and $1 million
- Midland homes for sale over $1 million