Let’s say your car fails an emissions test, and you just can’t afford to fix it or go without a vehicle. Does DPS ever grant time extensions? Actually, yes! DPS sometimes grants emissions testing waivers and time extensions to defer the requirement of full compliance. So, just because your car failed the emissions test doesn’t necessarily mean you’re totally out of luck.
See, if your income is below the national poverty level, that can grant you a one-year extension. It’s called a “Low-Income Time Extension. They can issue the extension every other testing cycle for you. DPS can accept your emissions testing waiver or your time extension. Contact a local DPS waiver/challenge stations. Let them know you need more information on the Low-Income Time Extension or make an appointment to fill out an application for the waiver or time extension. For a list of the DPS waiver/challenge stations, check out this link.
Keep in mind, you can’t pass on the safety inspection!
Are You Buying a Home in Midland?
The Underwood Group is a team of top real estate professionals in Midland. Call our team of Midland real estate agents at 432-698-0411 today.
If you’re looking for a new home, search by school district or search Midland real estate listings by price:
- Midland homes for sale between $150,000 and $200,000
- Midland homes for sale between $200,000 and $225,000
- Midland homes for sale between $225,000 and $300,000
- Midland homes for sale between $300,000 and $400,000
- Midland homes for sale between $400,000 and $500,000
- Midland homes for sale between $500,000 and $750,000
- Midland homes for sale between $750,000 and $1 million
- Midland homes for sale over $1 million
Hoping To Sell A Home In Midland?
Midland 1st Choice Real Estate offers a Free Market Analysis to clients. This free analysis provides our clients with the best comparative value by looking at similarly featured home recently listed and sold.
Don’t forget to find us on Facebook for community updates and the latest listings.