So where do you start?
What to Do Before Potential Buyers Visit Your Home
It should go without saying that you should keep your home spotless while it’s on the market (and do a run-through when you get notice that buyers are coming). You should also make yourself scarce – few people will feel comfortable enough to discuss your home while you’re there, looking over their shoulders, and most will feel completely uncomfortable.
The idea is to make potential buyers feel like guests in your home. Don’t demand that people remove their shoes or rush them out of your house without giving them enough time to explore.
Instead, leave a bowl of wrapped treats on the table or near the front door with a little note that thanks them for coming and:
- Make sure the temperature is just right (your electric bill might take a hit, but this is only temporary)
- Light a fire in the fireplace, turn on soft music, or switch on your water fountain to create ambiance
- Skip the air fresheners and fabric sprays – some people are allergic and asthmatic
- Open the windows if it’s nice outside (unless there’s too much noise outside)
- Open the window coverings – all of them – to let in as much natural light as possible
- Turn on all the lights in the house (even in closets and bathrooms)
- Turn off the TV
- Leave all the doors open
- Vacuum lines into the carpet (if you have it)
Are You Selling a Home in Midland?
If you’re selling your home in Midland or a nearby community, we’d love the opportunity to show you how we’re different – and how we can sell it quickly, at the right price.
Call our team of Midland real estate agents at 432-698-0411 today.
If you’re also looking for a new home, search by school district or search Midland real estate listings by price:
- Midland homes for sale between $150,000 and $200,000
- Midland homes for sale between $200,000 and $225,000
- Midland homes for sale between $225,000 and $300,000
- Midland homes for sale between $300,000 and $400,000
- Midland homes for sale between $400,000 and $500,000
- Midland homes for sale between $500,000 and $750,000
- Midland homes for sale between $750,000 and $1 million
- Midland homes for sale over $1 million