When you’re buying a home, whether it’s a house for sale in Briarwood, a home for sale in Grassland Estates, or a home for sale in Greathouse, now is the perfect time to start making New Year’s resolutions that help get you there!
New Year’s Resolution for 2018 Buyers: Get Your Finances Ready to Buy
In order to prepare to buy a home, you need to know where you’re starting from. Thanks to the Federal Trade Commission, we’re all entitled to one free copy of our own credit reports each year. You can get yours from AnnualCreditReport.com. Once you receive it, make sure there aren’t any charges you don’t agree with – and if there are, call the reporting bureau that’s reporting them and ask how to straighten things out.
Lenders offer the most favorable rates and terms to people with good credit, so if yours isn’t up to snuff, start working on it now.
Now is a good time to start stashing away money for a down payment, too. Put a budget in place and vow to stick to it in the coming year!
You can also start talking to lenders to find out what their requirements are and get a more accurate picture of what you need to do to qualify for the most favorable terms and interest rates.
Are You Buying a Home in Midland?
Call our team of Midland real estate agents at 432-698-0411 today.
If you’re looking for a new home, search by school district or search Midland real estate listings by price:
- Midland homes for sale between $150,000 and $200,000
- Midland homes for sale between $200,000 and $225,000
- Midland homes for sale between $225,000 and $300,000
- Midland homes for sale between $300,000 and $400,000
- Midland homes for sale between $400,000 and $500,000
- Midland homes for sale between $500,000 and $750,000
- Midland homes for sale between $750,000 and $1 million
- Midland homes for sale over $1 million