Midland is considered to be among the top livable cities in Texas. It is nicknamed, The Tall City. This is due to the fact that it has a big number of skyscrapers and that number seems to be disproportionate to the city’s size. It also has a very big population which went somewhere around 112,000 in 2013. It is a good idea to move here considering the fact that so many people decide to live there every year. If you ever wish to move into the Tall City, you should be aware of the following social tips:
• Be familiar with sports – Midland is a place of numerous sports fans. There are truly a lot of sporting events in the city. Knowledge in sports can come in handy especially if you want to strike up a conversation with someone. But be careful with your words especially since some people are really die-hard sports fans. Baseball and soccer are the top two most popular sports in Midland so at least be familiar with the current teams and players.
• Be patient with the traffic – Texas, in general, is considered to be one of the states with the worst traffic. This includes Midland especially if there is an important sporting event on a certain on day. Now, when you come from a place where there is no heavy traffic, you would really find yourself having to adjust in a big way. But be patient. You will get used to it in a while. Do not let road rage get the best of you. Make sure you drive in a slow steady pace especially since Midland has a lot of traffic lights.
• Be careful when going out at night – Night life in Midland is good, but it is not as alive as in other urban cities. Most of the places to go to at night are country and western bars. These places are great but you also have to be cautious when you interact with people. If you are a newcomer and you are not familiar with the norms in Midland, you might get into trouble with the drunks and punks. Go home early if you do not have any important business to attend to.
• Be proud of being a Texan – When you have decided to live in Midland, never hesitate on being proud of becoming a Texan. Texans are very appreciative of their state. In fact, there are a lot of Texans who consider themselves Texans first and citizens of the United States second. Learn to appreciate the very rich culture and history of the state. Do not miss your chance on visiting some of the most-visited historic sites in the southern part of the continent.
• Be very friendly – Among the best things about most Texans is that they are very friendly. Sometimes, they are too friendly that they would delve into your personal life. Most of them would talk to you as if they have known you for a very long time already. Do not be surprised with that.
If you wish to gain more info on living in Midland, you can simply ask us for more details. On this site, you will also easily find a good real estate property in the Tall City.